Abortion Up Close

Last night Bill O'Reilly interviewed a young woman, identified only as "Kelly," who became pregnant at age 13 and had an abortion 20 weeks later, when she was 14. She lived in Maryland, where late-term abortions are illegal, so her loving parents drove her to Kansas in order to have their grandchild killed properly. Here, in her own words, is a summary of the experience.

Well, it was a five-day process. And when I first went in, they have counseling that they offered. It's a group counseling with other women that are going through the same thing. And during the five days, they insert expandable whatever into the cervix to slowly dilate you through the five-day process.

And about the third or fourth day Dr. Tiller came in and injected into the amniotic sack a saline solution, which suffocated and burned my baby to death. And on the last day they put you in a room with other women — there's, like, maybe six to 10 beds in a big room. And every woman is lying there. And they kind of go down the line and whatever's ready, you know, they decide that you're dilated enough and they put you in wheelchair and wheel you out to another room.

And in this other room there's basically a toilet, and they told me to sit on the toilet, lean on the nurse, and push, push my baby into a toilet. And after that they wheel you into another room, to remove all the, you know, afterbirth.

And really, that's the only two times I ever saw the doctor was when he injected the saline solution and when he finished the process by removing the afterbirth. And this is all very graphic, and I think that that's very important that people know that that's going on in our country...

O'REILLY: What happened to the body?

KELLY: I have no idea. I left my baby dead in the toilet...

O'REILLY: How do you feel about that, the whole thing?

KELLY: I'm disgusted. I'm disgusted that women are told that they have a choice, yet no one tells us what that choice is or what that choice is going to do to us or to the baby, for that matter. I mean, very few people, I think, know that this is what happens. It's not just an easy solution. It just — it's not an answer to any problem. It just creates other problems.

O'REILLY: What happened to you after the abortion?

KELLY: Many things. I mean, I was traumatized, so I had lots of symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder. I had very low self-esteem. I was promiscuous, I used drugs, I had eating disorders. Lots of horrible things.

And when I think that, you know, what would the worst-case scenario be, that I have my child? That would have been better than having gone through all of the affects of the depression, suicidal thoughts, all of that that happened afterwards. MORE

I'm sorry if this is too graphic and upsets anybody. I'm sorry this innocent child had the misfortune to be conceived in a family without a moral compass. I'm sorry most people apparently don't know that this same thing happens 3,000+ times a day in the U.S. I'm sorry we are so comfortable in our cushy homes, jobs, schools, and churches that we allow this abomination to go on. And I'm sorry for the judgment God is going to rain down on us one day. We will richly deserve it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Shame of Kansas
http://www.kansasmeadowlark.com/2006/ShameOfKansas/index.htm

Patrick said...

The link above is incomplete. Try it this way:

http://www.kansasmeadowlark.com/2006/ShameOfKansas/